Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Cleaning off our fake Pilbara tans in Karratha

Day 89
No rain and perfect clear blue sky...gotta love this place!! Packed up and decide on one last swim in Python Pool before the 2 hour drive to Karratha. The water was glorious and I do a couple of lengths of the pool (very casually I might add!!) Wednesday is normally my swimming day at home with the girls so I can at least tell them I have done my laps!! Arrive in Karratha and go to the fridge repairer and guess what???The fridge works perfectly for him!! We leave it with him for the day and check into the Pilbara CP and spend the rest of the day cleaning!!! This is the pattern of our trip up in this part of the country. I will never complain about a bit of dust on the windowsill at home ever again!! 5 loads of washing later and a cleaner trailer home and we go shopping and pick up the fridge...which is still working perfectly ?????!!!!!! Back at the CP and it starts playing up...whew!!! So we are going to stay here tomorrow and hopefully get it sorted out. There is little chance of getting it fixed between here and Kununurra or Wyndham or possibly Darwin and we will be going to more remote places for the next 6 weeks so really want to make sure we have it working properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment