Monday, March 9, 2009


Day 11
Monday
9th March


Packed up a wet camper but luckily no rain while we were doing that so made it a little easier. Drove to my brothers at Emu Plains. No traffic at all!! Had a coffee with them then headed off in the misty rain through the blue mountains. At Springwood we stopped to take photos of the house where my dad was born in 1907. The house and area has a lot of history and I was thrilled to be able to get a couple of pics through the dense bush.Arrived in Mudgee and a lovely fine afternoon about 3pm at the Mudgee Valley Tourist Park on the edge of town on the Gulgong road.We decided to ride our bikes to visit my friend Julie who I did my nursing training with and flatted together through our training time in Sydney. Spent a few hours at her home catching up. It was lovely. Wendy and Nick arrived at the campground about 6pm and after setting up we headed into town to the Lawson Hotel to meet our cousins Berry & John and Sue MacDonald for dinner. As I ordered my meal I turned around and my brother David and his wife Liz had surprised us and followed us to Mudgee for a couple of days!! What a fantastic surprise!! They are staying at one of the motels in town so after lots of family reminiscing... again, we headed home arranging to meet up tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Great Blog Jood. I've posted the pics from Mudgee so you'll get an email with the link.

    Take care and stay safe.

    Bro.

    ReplyDelete