Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sawtell to Narrabeen


Day 4/Monday 2nd March


Left Sawtell and headed for Sydney. Stopped at Freddos pies north of Kempsey for Brekie!! On recommendation from The Sim’s. Never had a pie for breakfast before but was actually quite good. Arrived at Narrabeen, my old stomping ground. Found a nice site with an ocean view. Alan thinks it might be a bit open to the Southerly but I quickly unpack before he can change my mind.

Day 5/Tuesday 3rd March
Went for a drive to Newport and the house where I grew up. I was devastated that the owners had gutted the old place leaving only foundations.The garage was still standing but will go also.The whole place looks so small!! It was huge when I was growing up! Took some photos of my old primary school ,Newport Public School then to Newport Arms hotel(lots memories of a different kind here too) had a beer and lunch overlooking Pittwater. Then it was off to golf at Mona Vale. Enjoyable arvo but not much to write home about the golf. :( Alan thinks I am still tired from my big swim....his excuse ??...he used up all his good shots at Bonville on Saturday with 3 birdies!! Oh Well any excuses will do!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Al and Jan

    Enjoying the trip with you, especially Al's 3 birdies at Bonville!!! Glad you enjoyed the trip to Nostalgia ville Jan. Keep up the fun.
    Gibbo and Sue

    ReplyDelete