Sunday, March 1, 2009


The day arrived for the Coffs Harbour Ocean Swim. The nerves were beginning to show so as I had seen many top athletes do I put on the ipod for some motivational music!!Al listened to the radio while we drove to the Jetty. We met up with my swim training buddies Jan,Lisa, Cherie,Lee-Anne and supporter Gary. Excitment was mounting and with our green caps,goggles and large numbers on our arms, we waited at the start line with over 500 others. The 2km race went smoothly and we all bettered our time from last year. Al then told me about a shark attack he had heard on the radio that morning. Would I have swam faster if I had known before....or not at all!!! Anyway we celebrated with a bottle of bubbly before the others headed back to Kingscliff.

We were now really starting our trip!!

1 comment:

  1. Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition the "BLOG" has begun in earnest!!

    Lovely lunch yesterday and great company.

    Safe trip out of Sydney tomorrow.

    Janxox

    ReplyDelete