Monday, June 29, 2009

A taste of Kununurra Rum !!!

The Ord River at Sunset
A nice cold glass of Chardy to end the Day


Al tames the Ivanhoe Crossing watched by a local

The Ivanhoe Crossing



Day 122

Took a bike ride into town and the library to do some printing then rode to the Ivanhoe Farm for morning tea. Went back to camp to get the car and then took a drive around some of the Ord River farming areas then to Ivanhoe River crossing which looks pretty deep with fast flowing water over the long causeway. It is quite a famous landmark here as in the wet season it is impassable but we made it across and back a few times for camera shots to the delight of a tour bus of oldies who cheered and applauded us each time. On to the Hoochery where they make Rum of several different alcohol strengths. Al did the tasting and settled on one bottle which we will get to taste when we meet up with our friends Rose and Don Maslen and Carole and Les Dickinson in Katherine next Sunday. Back to camp for a swim in the pool and a relaxing afternoon. Sunset drinks were at our fave cafe, the Pumphouse with lovely views over the surrounding hills and Ord River.

1 comment:

  1. I don't believe it there was a cloud in one of your photos ,actually..... I have decided I really like clouds ha ha .Clubs Champs !!well they say you cant win in first round, well I reckon I have that well and truly covered,there's only one way to go and that's forward (please if there is a God).Good to see Al's fishing has improved maybe I am reading too deep but I reckon it was a cry for help .A classic case of throw the dummy cast because I am sick of Barra and I really want Tuna Pasta or is it me being weird again or dare I say :judgemental:Ha HA,.Went and saw a really funny movie last week ,The Hangover, a real good laugh I recommend it,Titans are still winning and Parra downed the Broncos,catch up again soon ,good luck in tonights Lotto ,dont drink too much of that Kununurra Rum Al, have one for me (I have a cold)thank you ,cheers Steve and Marilyn,

    ReplyDelete